CUSTOMER SERVICES COORDINATOR
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
The customer is king! An attractive, customer-facing logistics role for a great communicator
Samskip arranges thousands of shipments for international customers every week. Needless to say, we do all we can to make sure those shipments run smoothly and on time. At the same time, we constantly look to improve the customer experience while innovating more sustainable solutions. This demands a proactive and flexible Customer Services Coordinator. Someone who works well with others but also takes the initiative and works independently sometimes. A service-oriented professional who can organize complex transport requests down to the last detail. Above all, a positive force who brings to life our company slogan: 'Together We Make Things Happen'. If that sounds like you, read on!
Samskip is a leading transport company, with offices in 24 countries across Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. You will be at the heart of this operation, working from our headquarters in Rotterdam. We have an amazing view of Europe’s largest port from an ergonomically designed environment that makes it easy to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues from all parts of the company. The Customer Services team is international and consists of around 18 people in Rotterdam and Cluj (Romania). You will have opportunities to travel to our sites in the UK and Romania.
A pivotal, customer-facing role
As Customer Services Coordinator your focus is to give customers the best possible customer experience. You deliver this by acting as an important point of contact for those customers from beginning to end. It’s dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Communication is key and no two days are the same.
You make it all happen by:
- Proactively managing order flows; fast processing and solution-oriented time management;
- Keeping the customer informed and signaling/ communicating irregularities/issues;
- Handling issues/complaints/disputes;
- Collaborating with executives and colleagues to achieve goals;
- Processing reports and creating/using overviews.
A great place to be
The logistics industry is one of the forces driving our open, hyper-connected world. And Samskip is pioneering the multimodal solutions that make this possible. So there’s no better place to develop your skills and your career, both by learning on the job and by taking the courses available on our e-learning platform. We are also very sociable and love to get together for drinks and other events.
Samskip also offers you:
- A salary between € 2500 and € 3000 per month based on your knowledge and experience;
- 8,33% holiday allowance and a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Pension scheme;
- Travel and internet allowance;
- The possibility to work from home two days per week.
Our customers count on you
The work of a Customer Services Coordinator can be hectic. But you always remain calm and precise, a tower of strength for our customers. And when there’s a bump in the road, you resolve the issue quickly and expertly.
This requires you to be a great communicator with a straightforward approach to collaborating across our company. You can handle a degree of stress, and you are eager to get up to speed with a number of different booking systems.
Specific job requirements include:
- A completed intermediate vocational education (MBO level 3 or 4) with logistics training a plus;
- Some knowledge and experience in the logistics industry is also a plus;
- The ability to work with Microsoft Office;
- Good written and verbal English language skills.
If you think this is the role for you, contact us today via the application button on this page. If you have any questions, please call us at +31 (0)88 400 1393 or send an e-mail to [email protected].